- A Child Friendly Place!
When visiting the Town Hall with your wee ones, here's some important facts to n...
phone (416) 392-1954 fax (416) 392-1955
- Swansea Town Hall is nestled in a residential neighbourhood. Very limited parking for 18 vehicles is available at the rear of the Town Hall.
- If quickly dropping off or picking up, please use the rear ravine entrance and follow the directional map below, entering the laneway on Deforest Road and exiting on Durie Street.
- Please stop at all lane exits to check for pedestrian traffic on the sidewalks and for oncoming cars.
- In the rear lot, please park in Visitor Spaces ONLY. Do not block the lanes as this is a fire access route. Numbered spots are assigned to residents of the building next door and if used you will be subject to towing.
- Street parking is available in the area. Note that some streets in the area limit parking before 10:00 am unless you have a permit.
- When you are parking in the neighbourhood, check the signs to ensure you are abiding by any parking restrictions and do not block anyone’s residential driveway or you may be fined or towed.
- Please do NOT PARK OR STOP on the WEST SIDE of Lavinia Avenue to drop or pick up.
- Please be aware that a City of Toronto bylaw exists which allows fines to be levied if a vehicle is parked for more than 3 hours on streets without signage.
- Municipal (pay) parking lots are available just north of Bloor Street.
By TTC Streetcar: from the Queen Street streetcar route 501 exit at Windermere Avenue. On the north side of Queensway board the Swansea route 77 bus going west. When on Morningside Avenue exit at Lavinia Avenue. Cross at the intersection and walk north on Lavinia Avenue and Swansea Town Hall is at the top of the street.
By Car from the lakeshore: exit the Gardiner Expressway at South Kingsway, drive north to Morningside Avenue and turn right. Turn left at Lavinia Avenue and Swansea Town Hall is at the top of the street.
By Car from Bloor Street or north: Travel south on Windermere Avenue or Runnymede Road until you reach Deforest Road. We are just below the intersection of Deforest and Lavinia Avenue.
Swansea Town Hall’s regular operating hours throughout the year are:
Open 8:00 am to 5:00 pm
(unless booked, after hours apply all day)
Please note that space in our building on Sundays, Saturday evenings and other after hours times not listed above are available by special request. Please check our Rent Space tab or contact us for more information. Planned closures for the upcoming year are listed below.
Swansea Town Hall is a wheelchair accessible facility.
Contact the Swansea Town Hall at (416) 392-1954
Swansea Town Hall is an agency of the City of Toronto. This website is the property of Swansea Town Hall. Do not copy or use without permission.